Debug chapter / Error log?

Home Forums Learn ZF2 Debug chapter / Error log?

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Contributor 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dooly@novato.net
    Participant

It is unclear what the Debug module is supposed to do or where we are supposed to see the results. There are some errors shown in the error pane of the Logs tab in the ZServer web page, but none that are directly attributable to deliberate URL errors.

What am I missing?

Using Zend Studio with Zend Server on an iMac OS X 10.8.5

dooly@novato.net
    Participant

In ZServer, the errors can be seen on the Overview | Logs | php page.

In the Apache web server that ships with OS X, the errors can be seen in the log at “/private/var/log/apache2/error_log,” including the MVC durations.

ageoval@gmail.com
    Participant

What about Windows 7?
    Where can I find that logs?

Slavey Karadzhov
    Participant

Hi ageoval,
    The easiest way to find out where is your PHP error log is to create in the public/ directory a new file called: env.php with the following content:

<?php phpinfo(); ?>

After that open evn.php in the browser and search for “error_log”. That should point to the exact location of the php error log file on your system.

Make sure to delete this file afterwords or make it available only via localhost.

This solution works also on other operating systems where PHP is supported.

Just as a suggestion: I am sending the output to the screen with print_r($message) instead of dealing with error log file in handleError function. If you are just trying to understand how it works then I suggest doing so.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.